COVID-19 – Insurer updates and FAQs
Insurer FAQs were last validated on 15 December 2020
An overriding message from all of the insurers, is to follow the NHS guidelines in place. Please visit the NHS website.
Advice varies by insurer and is updated on a regular basis. Most of the insurers now have dedicated website pages covering COVID-19. Please check links below for your specific insurer’s website and for their responses to some specific FAQs on such topics as:
- Employee cover while working from home, in isolation or in quarantine.
- Employee cover while on ‘furlough’.
- COVID-19 and catastrophe risk.
- Employee cover while on business travel.
- Policy administration – revised processes, for example, policy renewal and policy claims.
- Business continuity plans.
- Additional services, usually free of charge, that may help at this time.
- Premium options, such as monthly payment or premium deferral.
Further information on other sites
For further information, please visit:
- Willis Towers Watson
- Centres for Disease Control and Prevention
- National Travel Health Network and Centre
- World Health Organization