What is Healthcare Concierge?
A unique nurse-led claims management and employee health advice service
Healthcare Concierge, from Willis Towers Watson Health & Benefits, is a unique claims management and employee health advice service where fully qualified nurses support employees and their dependants through their entire treatment journey – from authorising claims on behalf of insurers to offering clinical advice on any healthcare matter, and providing follow-up counselling support via a dedicated helpline.
With more in-house nurses on our payroll than many of the major insurers, we look after the health needs of more than 60,000 individuals.
By ensuring that the treatment our members receive is delivered in the most cost effective and appropriate way, we help many of our larger corporate clients to save £000s on their Private Medical and Income Protection costs.
How it works
Instead of talking to a call centre handler, your employees and their dependants will be able to speak to a nurse to discuss their condition and their claim at every step of the claims journey. Our nurses are there to support the member at a time they may feel most vulnerable.
Our nurses will work with the employee to signpost them to the most appropriate route for treatment – this may be as simple as outlining the advantages of using an Employee Assistance Programme or to highlight the benefits of using the NHS. We will make best use of the entire benefits programme for all of the stakeholders.
The route for a claim can often throw up challenges for the member – be that understanding provider terms and conditions or understanding the cost of their treatment. Our nurses will be there every step of the way to challenge insurer decisions and to negotiate fees with treating consultants.
The claims process can be complicated – we aim to simplify this by dealing with the entire process from start to finish. This may be as simple as managing the billing and invoicing process to ensure that the appropriate appointments have been arranged.
The value of this service is interpreted in many ways:
We are able to demonstrate considerable cost savings through our coordination and management of the claims process.
We have a wealth of data demonstrating the ‘value add’ that employees and their dependants believe this service offer.
We are able to save precious time for employees and employers by managing all stages of the claims journey.
How Healthcare Concierge helps you, the employer
- We’re an extension of your HR team: Every time we help your employee to submit a claim, every time we lend a shoulder along with expert advice, every time we take away the fear… you get the credit. And that’s how it should be. When staff are happy they share their positive feedback with other employees, all reflecting positively on you.
- Less admin equals more time: We take the headache of handling all your benefit admin away from you. Our nurses deal with the whole claim end to end and are also better able to turn unjustified requests down and deal with sensitive issues than in-house staff.
- Management Information that matters: You get full reporting on high value claims and the average cost per claim by employees, dependents and condition so you can get an early heads up on what’s working and what isn’t.
- A bespoke service to fit your company culture: Caring employer putting health and welfare first? Or is the focus more on cost control? You tell us what makes you tick and we’ll tailor the scheme accordingly. Of course, good service and cost management are not mutually exclusive and we have 25 years of experience to prove it!
- Considerable cost-savings: By delivering treatment in the most cost-effective and appropriate manner, we make sure your healthcare premiums and claims don’t spiral out of control.
How Healthcare Concierge helps your employees
- Empathy and expertise: Instead of speaking to an anonymous call centre worker with no medical knowledge, your employees will be handheld by a familiar nurse throughout the entire claims process. The success of this technique is reflected in our 97% ‘good to excellent’ member approval rating.
- Minimum form filling: They do not have to liaise with insurers and medical teams or cope with endless complex form filling for private medical insurance or income protection claims during their illness.
- Above and beyond: Our nurses often offer ongoing counselling support to members long after a claim has been dealt with.
- Fighting your employees’ corner: Where appropriate, we use our clinical expertise to challenge a declined claim with your insurer and seek alternative routes to treatment.
- Health helpline: A telephone helpline is available for scheme members, offering advice on any health issue.
- Help for excluded conditions: Even if a condition is not covered by a health policy, we can still talk employees through the NHS system and the options for them and advise on how to mitigate chronic conditions.
- Second opinion: We also provide an expert second opinion service – advising members on alternative treatments to the ones being offered by the NHS.
- No time limits: The length of phone calls is not restricted so we can give your staff all the time they need.
Get in touch0800 4880 989