Current statistics indicate an ever increasing trend in the number of critical illnesses suffered by those between the ages of 30 and 64, but medical advances mean that many previously fatal illnesses are now curable. Your employees are therefore more likely to suffer from a serious illness than a terminal condition.
Group critical illness cover will provide a lump sum payment to allow your employee and their family to solve some of the financial problems that may occur as a result of a critical illness or surgical procedure – including adjustments to the home, paying off the mortgage or the cost of medical expenses, for example.
The lump sum is tax-free and is payable providing the employee survives for a defined period following the critical illness event.
A group critical illness policy will provide:
- A tax free lump sum to your employee upon the diagnosis of a defined critical illness
- Valuable coverage for your children at no extra cost
- Varied levels of coverage to include your dependants, multiple medical conditions (including second and subsequent cancers) and total permanent disability
How does critical illness cover help you and your business?
- Helps minimise the pressure on your business when providing financial support for seriously ill employees
- Contributes towards the cost of medical treatment in circumstances where other benefit options, such as private medical insurance, may not available to an employee
- This in turn can sometimes help to reduce periods of sickness absence and aid a return to work
How can Willis Towers Watson help you?
- World class consultative broking to leverage our scale to obtain the best outcome for you in terms of price, coverage and policy terms
- Design consultancy to meet the needs of your workforce and your budget
- Advice on a number of ancillary services, such as expert medical second opinions and cancer support groups